Practice-based research is where front-line providers, patient and family partners, and other collaborators engage to tackle complex, real-world challenges that directly affect patient care and experience. To support practice-based research, the BC Cancer Nursing and Allied Health Research and Knowledge Translation (NAHRKT) team is pleased to announce the inaugural BC Cancer Nursing and Allied Health Research Grant competition. This research competition is possible through generous support from the BC Cancer Foundation.
Interested BC Cancer staff can submit original practice-based research ideas or use this funding opportunity to turn findings from Quality Improvement projects and pilot studies into larger research projects. No practice question is too small, but projects must incorporate and meaningfully engage nursing and allied health providers throughout the research process. The study team must include at least one BC Cancer nurse or allied health (NAH) provider as Co-PI/Co-investigator.
Two categories of funding are available for this offering of the grant competition:
- Funding up to $15,000 is available to support single-site research projects over 18 months. Two projects will be funded in 2023.
- Funding up to $25,000 is available to support multi-site research projects over 18 months. One project will be funded in 2023.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee. Grants will be awarded based on research proposal quality and relevance and team members' experience and expertise. Detailed information on the competition evaluation criteria can be found on the NAHRKT website.
Key Competition Dates:
- Registration Due: Friday, March 10, 2023 @ 5:00pm
- Anticipated Notice of Registration Acceptance: Friday, March 24, 2022
- Signature Package Deadline: Friday, May 19, 2023 at 10:00 AM
- Full Application Deadline: Friday, May 26, 2023 at 4:00 PM
- Anticipated Notice of Funding Decision: Friday, June 23, 2023
- Anticipated Start of Funding: Monday, September 4, 2023
The NAHRKT team is available to help staff interested in submitting an application.
For more information on this grant funding competition, please refer to the resources available on the BC Cancer Nursing and Allied Health Research Grant page on the website or email email@example.com.