Research Recovery Resources
Phase 2 Resources
- BC Cancer Research Institute COVID-19 Phase 2 Training Module
Training module for recovery for Phase 2.
- BC Cancer Research Institute COVID-19 Phase 2 Activities, Training & Risk Assessment Guidelines: Department
Activities, training, and risk assessment guidelines for departments for Phase 2.
- BC Cancer Research Institute COVID-19 Phase 2 Activities & Risk Assessment Template: Departments
Activities and risk assessment template for departments for Phase 2.
- Appendix 2: Phase 2 Occupancy Limits For Tissue Culture Rooms the BCCRI
Phase 1 Resources
- BC Cancer Research Institute COVID-19 Phase 1 Training Module
Training module for recovery for Phase 1.
- BC Cancer Research Institute COVID-19 Phase 1 Activities & Risk Assessment Template: Departments
Activities and risk assessment template for departments for Phase 1.
- BC Cancer Research Institute COVID-19 Phase 1 Activities & Risk Assessment Template: PI & Core Facility Managers
Activities and risk assessment template for PIs and core facility managers for Phase 1.
- BC Cancer Research Institute Common Area Cleaning Checklist Per Floor
Cleaning checklist for common areas of each floor.
- BC Cancer Research Institute Phase 1 Essential Services Personnel List
Essential services personnel list for Phase 1.
- BC Cancer Research Institute Reopening Q&A
Answering your commonly asked questions regarding the reopening of research activities.
Technology Development Office
TDO provides management of intellectual property (IP) to ensure that innovations arising from research are identified, evaluated, protected and leveraged into working solutions that benefit patients, BC Cancer Researchers, and PHSA.
Contract review and negotiation is provided by TDO on behalf of PHSA for all BC Cancer researchers, ensuring that the appropriate policies and guidelines are addressed.
TDO provides services to PHSA researchers and clinicians including:
- Strategic advice on IP commercialization for all PHSA researchers, clinicians and technologists
- IP, commercialization and contract management services for all BC Cancer researchers
- IP, commercialization and contract management services for all PHSA researchers without an academic appointment
Support is provided by TDO to help industry partners and academic partners work with PHSA researchers and clinicians, including:
- Material Transfer Agreements (MTA)
- Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDA)
- Licensing opportunities
- Collaboration opportunities
- Inter-institutional funding transfers and sub-grant agreements
Biobanking and Biospecimen Research Services
• Access to banked biospecimens in our inventory
• Custom prospective collection services for specific research projects
• Facilitation of access to clinical archival materials
• Training of research personnel in a range of biobanking roles including consenting
• Advice on sources for obtaining biospecimens for research
• Support for adoption of biobanking quality standards including education and tools
The BBRS encompasses three linked entities that together provide the following services:
For biospecimens – we provide access to our collection of banked biospecimens and provide custom contract prospective collection services for specific research projects (overseen by the Tumour Tissue Repository TTR unit based at the Deeley Research Center, Victoria)
For researchers – we provide advice, training, education, and contract biobanking setup services to researchers and institutions wishing to set up their own collections (overseen by the University of British Columbia Office of Biobank Education and Research (OBER) unit based at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver campus)
For biobanking standards – we maintain national biobanking practice standards and operate national/international certification programs that are accessed through the Biobank Resource Centre (overseen by the Canadian Tissue Repository Network CTRNet Biospecimen Quality platform unit based at the BCCRC Vancouver Center)
Research Policy and Directives
BC Cancer Foundation is the fundraising partner of BC Cancer, which includes BC Cancer Research. Together with our donors, we are changing cancer outcomes for British Columbians by funding innovative research and personalized treatment and care.