Congratulations to the recipients of the inaugural BC Cancer Rising Stars Awards!
The Rising Stars program was established to celebrate Dr. Connie Eaves’ Gairdner Wightman Award, her election to the Royal Society in the UK and her appointment to the Order of Canada. A pioneer in her field, Dr. Eaves has been a mentor to many young researchers at BC Cancer and a long-time advocate for equal opportunities in cancer research.
To honour this legacy, the awards are dedicated to the advancement of the next generation of women and BIPOC leaders in research at BC Cancer.
Funding for the awards was made possible through generous donor support via the BC Cancer Foundation.
The 2022 Rising Star Recipients are:
- Itzel Renee Astiazaran Rascon, Molecular Oncology
- Sarah Dada, Genome Sciences Centre
- Leo Escano, Terry Fox Lab
- Dylan Farnsworth, Integrative Oncology
- Jagbir Kaur, Nursing and Allied Health
- Lorenzo Lindo, Terry Fox Lab
- Manideep Pachva, Molecular Oncology
- Prakruti Uday, Terry Fox Lab
- Elahe Shenasa, Pathology
- Joyce Zhang, Molecular Oncology
To learn more about the 2022 Rising Star Recipients and their work read the original story here.