The Biobanking and Biospecimen Research Services (BBRS) is a provincial program that provides services, support, and advice to researchers and biobanks on accessing, collecting, and utilizing human biospecimens and associated data for health research.
- Access to banked biospecimens in our inventory
- Custom prospective collection services for specific research projects
- Facilitation of access to clinical archival materials
- Training of research personnel in a range of biobanking roles including consenting
- Advice on sources for obtaining biospecimens for research
- Support for adoption of biobanking quality standards including education and tools
For more information including biobanking tools, templates, and resources, and details of how to contact us please visit BBRS.
The BBRS provides the following services:
- For biospecimens – we provide access to our collection of banked biospecimens and provide custom contract prospective collection services for specific research projects
- For researchers – we provide advice, training, education, and contract biobanking setup services to researchers and institutions wishing to set up their own collections
- For research involving biobanking and biobanks – we maintain national biobanking practice standards (Canadian Tissue Repository Network) and operate the Canadian Tissue Repository (CTRNet) national/international registration and certification programs that are accessed through the Biobank Resource Centre
A full description of the BBRS and the application processes to access our services is provided on our webpage.