Researchers in the Department of Molecular Oncology at the BC Cancer Research Centre use the latest technologies to rapidly identify genes that are involved in the development of cancer. You will become an integral part of the animal research team, providing technical support on animal research for multiple core projects within the lab.
- Perform a variety of established technical procedures according to written protocols.
- Perform experiments by following established laboratory procedures according to written protocols.
- Record results, including computer data entry.
- Provide input regarding modification of procedures as requested by the Department Head, Principal Investigator, or designate.
- Maintain and store cell lines and primary cultures.
- Maintain and store test materials and products.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies and equipment.
- May demonstrate work methods or procedures to less experienced assistants as designated.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to graduation from a recognized Bachelor’s program in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Bachelor of Science)
- Two (2) years of recent related experience in a research laboratory
- As this role will be spending the majority of the time in an animal research facility working with mice – mice handling experience is preferred.