As a self funded, CLIA certified, state-of-the-art, leading translational research facility, CTAG provides clinical grade services to the academic and private sector clients around the globe. At CTAG, we tailor our services to the needs of each client. We are an interdisciplinary team with a passion for translational research. Our clients rely on us for best business practices, innovative technologies and expertise, and for thorough, reliable results. We pride ourselves on being able to respond quickly and effectively to our clients’ needs. Our expertise extends to the development and validation or novel assays for clinical implementation. CTAG operates under the direction of Dr. David Huntsman and we are located at the Vancouver Cancer Centre of the British Columbia Cancer Agency.
- CTAG offers a broad range of histopathology services, including basic tissue processing, sectioning and staining, as well as immunohistochemistry (IHC) and Tissue microarrays (TMAs). Our full service histology suite is equipped with the most up-to-date instrumentation in histological science. CTAG’s histotechnologists hold the RT designation and all work is performed to clinical grade quality standards. Our key strengths lie in antibody protocol optimization, TMAs construction and Pathology interpretation.
- Molecular Analysis
- CTAG provides a broad range of genomic and expression analysis services including: nucleic acid extraction and quantification, RNA analysis, including multiplexed analysis using the nanoString nCounter System, sequencing, Affymetrix arrays, Real-Time PCR, RT-PCR, Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (FISH), Silver In Situ Hybridization (SISH) and karyotyping. The nanoString system is capable of analyzing up to 800 different RNA species in an individual sample and is ideally suited for broad screening of samples. CTAG offers the following Affymetrix arrays: SNP 6.0, Gene 1.0 ST , Exon 1.0 ST , 500K Mapping Array, Mouse 430 2.0 Array and others. We can also provide assistance with data analysis and bioinformatics. Our key strenghts lie in fast turn around times, novel assay development, and clinical grade of resutls. CTAG is currently engaged in the process of accreditation by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and we expect to complete this process by the end of 2010.
- Investigator Support
- CTAG offers additional support to internal Investigators by providing lab bench space and desk space to lab personnel. For a monthly fee, and on a per month basis, Investigators are able to place their personnel at CTAG and take advantage of CTAG's state-of-the-art instrumentation and technical expertise, without the need to duplicate the capablilites. This has been a very successful model for enabling the Investigators to increase their access to new technologies. Please contact CTAG for more information.
- Contact Information
- Peggy Tsang Laboratory Manager Email: email@example.com Tel: 604-877-6000-2630 Alicja Parker Business Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 604-877-6000-2605
- CTAG Receives CAP Accreditation
- Services Available at CTAG
- CTAG offers an extensive list of molecular pathology and histopathology services.